Fish cutlet: Starter for parties
This starter is highly nutritious for all age group and very easy to prepare for parties. Here is a recipe of yummy appetizer, fish cutlet:
- Any variety of fish: 2 fillets, approximately 1/2 lb.
- Onion: 1 medium, finely chopped
- Ginger/Garlic paste: 1 Tbsp
- Green Chilies: 2 finely chopped or to taste
- Cilantro Leaves: 5 sprigs, finely chopped
- Egg Whites: 2
- Lemon Juice: 1Tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- Red Chili Powder: to taste
- Garam Masala: 1 tsp or to taste
- Bread Crumbs: Approximately 3/4 cup
- Oil: 2 Tbsp
Procedure to make fish cutlet:
- First of all wash and drain fish fillets properly.
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Cook fillets without oil for 3-4 minutes on each side (until fully cooked).
- Remove fillets into a bowl and let them cool.
- With a fork, open up the fish (flake it).
- Then add in Onions, Ginger/Garlic Paste, Green Chilies, Cilantro, Salt, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala & Lemon Juice.
- Mix well (sometimes cook use hands to mix well the mixture). Taste and adjust salt or other spices.
- Add in Egg Whites and mix well.
- Add in Bread Crumbs until it makes a nice patty with the mixture.
- Make patties with the mixture according to desired size.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and pan fry the patties using a little Oil on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Fish cutlet is best choice of appetizer for people who love dishes of fish. It will definitely create good atmosphere and guest will relish eating delicious snack.